Sunday, 12 February 2017

STAY


But you either Stay or Leave right?  

This is the interesting thing about life. There is always an opposite of everything we have given definition to. There are always choices and decisions to make. The moment we decided that there is beauty in this world, that automatically means that something else has got to be ugly. Ups and Downs, Good and Bad, Left and Right, Right and Wrong or Stay and Leave or Go.  

Somehow our decision defines who we are too, and that's the tricky part. Very often, people are so quick to judge that you are almost always misunderstood. Are you someone who prefers to stay, or do you walk away and move on?  

I like to think that I'm a "stayer." which means no matter the situation I would sit through it and let it pass. This hasn't been great on me... emotionally. Oftentimes, I watch people leaving me one by one until I suddenly realise that the room is becoming emptier by the day. It's not easy to make people stay, and that's the truth.  

The truth is that everything requires effort. How long until another person leaves? How long until one has enough of you? How long until there is no more reason to stay? I could stay for as long as I want, but what good does that do? Are things getting any better? Am I getting better?  

I have so many reasons and chances to leave. I have had moments when I wanted to pack my bag and leave home. I have had times when I thought migrating was the only option. I even thought dying would be a good exit. But why did I stay anyway right?  

It's simple.  

I have questions in my head that I have no answers to, but every waking day I learn more and more of my purpose in this life. As much as I need certain people, unknowingly there are those who need me too. Perhaps temporarily but we know that nothing lasts forever. You stay until you don't. And during your stay, you put your best effort to make the other person happy and loved. You give your all, and you wait. You'll know who are true by how they appreciate what you do for them. You'll know who'll return the favor, and you'll eventually know who'll stay too.  

As a Muslim, we have all been told that "Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it cannot bear." This always makes me believe that you are exactly where you needed to be. I was stuck in a job that I hated for 2 years, and every time someone asked why didn't I just go and find another job, I was in reality both afraid to leave and had no other choice but to stay. When I was told to resign against my own will, I suddenly realised that I've always had that option but staying through all the horrible situations only made me better. I was made prepared for all the doors that were suddenly opened for me then. No regrets. 

Sometimes I think this is why I never leave. It's because somehow I know that it's where I'm meant to be, and if it was bad for me, surely Allah will remove it from my life and replace it with something better. Everything is temporary here anyway.  

Whether you end up being by yourself, or surrounded by a few true friends - there is no right answer whether staying is better than leaving. I know for sure you shouldn't stay for something that ruins you, and you don't leave someone who still needs you. You just have to be smart enough to see that fine line between staying or leaving. Eitherway, you stay until you don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.