Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Salted Egg Yum

Kadang-kadang talur ani makanan, kadang-kadang manusia. 


It's only Wednesday, and I am already learning a lot!

Yesterday, I came around the dining table and my dad said he wanted to eat some duck egg. My first thought, "huh, duck egg?" He then reached out for one whole already-boiled salted egg and asked my mother to cut them into half for him. 

I looked at him, and said "but you said duck egg.

He grabbed another, and said "Yes, talur masin is talur itik and not talur ayam, ok?

I froze for a moment trying to pretend as if I already knew that. He figured out that I probably had never known that fact, and asked "you didn't know?? Aiyoyo!" We all burst out into waves of laughter and my dad jokingly made a prayer, "Ya Allah selamatkan lah my daughter yang inda tahu talur masin ani talur itik!" and asked my mom to post it up on Instagram. Haha! My dad can be so funny sometimes (probably only because his daughter can be so naive too).

Tonight, I decided to spend some time in the kitchen to bake. Of course, one of the ingredients was nothing else but eggs. 

My mom was preparing dinner, as I was preparing all the other ingredients at the island. 

"Wow, banyak jua eggs ani ma," I said to my mother.

"Yes, babah bali just in case," she replied. 

I walked over to grab 2 eggs and noticed something different on the top tray. 

"Apakan ni ma, talur masin kah?" She peered over her shoulder to look at what I was referring to. 


"Awu, talur masin tia karang. Those are Ciku my love, ciku!!" she responded with sarcasm. 

And in that moment, if I could just slap myself out of this egg-revelation phase, I probably would but instead, I felt myself sinking in embarrassment because my parents' 26-years-old-not-to-forget-single daughter has a high probability of failing if there was an exam just on eggs. 

I guess this is why I just don't really eat eggs because I couldn't even tell which is which and I don't even know which animal it came from. 

Also this proves that I am always constantly learning new things everyday or that I have my bimbo moments too. No one's perfect. Neither are those eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.