What would you do if someone from your past suddenly decided to
contact you, spilling out things that you didn’t want to hear but all they
wanted to do is to move on?
So I sat down with someone last night. I had one too many crazy
thoughts going through my mind whenever I’m alone, and that seems to happen
quite often lately. I really needed a friend to talk to and I just had to say
it all out loud – after one and a half year of being in this miserable state.
I’ve lost the appetite to eat, to get up and what more to do
anything else but lying down on the floor, in the dark and just listening to
music that was killing me one cell at a time. I feel suffocated, anxious and
sick to my stomach from all these feelings that I wanted so badly to get rid of.
I don’t know, I could read back on all my self-compassion notes and still be
confused on whether to just admit that this is a common suffering or to
suppress my emotions and pray that it too shall pass.
Nothing has passed.
I would’ve assumed the mature thing to do is to talk things out and
find some sort of a closure, even if neither of us is really into that idea.
Perhaps there are those who find closure faster, but then there’s me. My feet
are stuck to the ground, as I watch every thing around me moves faster and faster
everyday. I can’t breathe.
I told myself I don’t deserve to be treated like this. To be ignored
and misunderstood, but what else can you do without appearing like some
psychotic sad and weak individual? Damn, I am weak but it also took courage to
finally speak up. I am disgusted of my own self but I can’t keep going like
this for another year. Why are you always so attached to the ones who are not
even good for you? This world is so messed up.
I can’t tell if your decision to ignore me was because you couldn’t
be bothered, or there was something else I never knew about, but I know that
only you could help me go through this phase and get me out of this rut.
I want to save myself, but I can’t do this without you.

No comments:
Post a Comment